Sustainable and innovative
Within Strandhotel Camperduin we strive for a sustainable purchasing policy that also stimulates the market towards a more innovation-oriented and sustainable approach to purchasing. We do this by making a conscious choice with every purchase and considering the possibility of fair trade, organic certified and / or regional products, etc. In the choices regarding the purchase of products, we take into account the effect on the environment and on humanity. We look at each product and service in itself, so that the choice of suppliers and products is based on what is best for the environment and the environment.
As part of our CSR policy to make our environment a healthier and better living and working environment, we strive to improve our purchasing process and focus in particular on goods and services that are sustainable, preferably with an environmental sustainability and / or social quality mark. We make transparent agreements with suppliers about the quality of our products and how we monitor the quality. We continuously work on improving our purchasing process and focus mainly on goods that are sustainable.
The goal is to identify guidelines that encourage the procurement of sustainable products and services, without compromising the performance of our company. Long-term savings are considered when purchasing products, as opposed to short-term cost savings. We recognize that waste can be reduced by using reusable products and compostable and recyclable materials. By buying organic products, we contribute to creating a pesticide-free world, and by purchasing regional products, we strive to reduce the CO2 emissions from transport. To support this initiative, our company will continuously improve our own purchasing process and ask our suppliers for advice on whether there is an alternative product on the market that is fair trade or eco-certified.
The purchasing objectives are reviewed and assessed at least annually. Performance will be evaluated and new objectives will be formulated.
- Selecting less environmentally harmful and socially responsible products.
- Cleaning and dishwashing detergents with an eco-label (EU Ecolabel, EcoCert.
- Fire extinguishers with the Milieukeur quality mark.
- Limiting packaging material by means of minimizing mono packaging for sugar, coffee milk, cold cuts, cheese, yogurt, muesli, corn flakes and coffee biscuits.
- Giving preference to local suppliers, suppliers who supply durable goods or suppliers with whom a sustainability statement has been signed.
- Sustainable building materials to be used during new construction, renovation and / or renovation.
- Ensuring less harmful production processes by purchasing less environmentally harmful paper with an eco-label such as European Ecolabel, Nordic Swan or Blue Angel, FSC or PEFC, provided they are ECF / TCF certified.
- Apply energy-saving measures by purchasing energy-efficient lighting, such as LED, PL, TL and energy-saving lamps (as opposed to halogen and incandescent lamps). Energy-efficient equipment is also purchased with an A label.
- When purchasing new equipment, preference is given to energy-efficient and water-saving equipment.
- The procurement of green electricity generated from natural sources, such as wind energy, solar energy, hydropower and biodigestion.